Please note: With the aid of the information that follows, you will be able to help yourself to a healthier, happier sex life. This paper is based on well researched scientific data, backed up by references that can be provided on request. If you are not enjoying optimal health, your sex life will not be up to scratch. Yes, we are talking about hormonal issues, body odours, gas, a lack of agility and an excess of blubber, apart from sexual apathy! Natural health protocols work on a system of priority. Even in Homeopathy, healing takes place from the most vital organs, eg: the heart and lungs, to areas that are less threatened, like the skin. The process of bodily elimination and detoxification is not very sexy, but the rejuventation that follows will certainly make a big difference to your love life. Bad eating habits have to be replaced by a strict hormone cleansing and rejuvenating diet and the use of key supplements. In addition to this, an exercise programme is required to tone up and help release hormones and neurotransmitters that are not only for sexual enjoyment, but also for everyday optimal health. Even after a month or two, people begin to experience positive results. Do not attempt this regimen if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is best to work with a sympathetic and experienced health professional, especially if you are on a lot of medications or you have a heart condition, epilepsy, etc.
HOW CAN FOOD MAKE YOU MORE SEXY?
Food can make you look and feel sexy again, because you are what you eat!
Can certain foods really make you more sexy? How about aphrodisiacs and love potions; can they transform a frigid frump into a sex siren? If love potions worked for longer periods of time, nobody would be complaining about a loss of libido. This is because sexual stimulants only treat the obvious symptom and not the deep seated cause that leads up to sexual impotence or apathy. A loss of libido is just one of the many side effects of chronic ailments, let alone the medications that are prescribed for them. The modern city junk diet leads directly to syndrome X, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, bad moods, premenstrual tension, depression, adrenal burnout, hot flushes, indigestion, bloating and flatulence and other not very sexy conditions. When women on hormone replacement therapy reject sex in later life it is often to the relief of husbands who have also lost their libido due to the side effects of diabetic or high blood pressure medications. Somewhere along the line of eating errors, the sex drive disappears and psychological hangups and emotional problems compound the issue because food affects your mood.
People are reluctant to believe that hot flushes, heart problems, inflammatory conditions and blood sugar issues are caused by the food they eat. We are what we eat, they say, so somehow there is a link to food and a loss of libido because a bad diet has created most of our modern, "civilized" diseases. How about using food to regain your libido? Truly healthy people do not require medicines or libido enhancers. All they do is have plenty of exercise and eat well. They become naturally randy, just like cavemen! So can we.
What is the key to the whole sexual mechanism?
The largest sex organ in the body is the brain. Your brain controls your emotions and sends messages to all your body parts, including the sex organs. The entire sexual mechanism is controlled by the brain and the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland. Hormones are released to send the blood rushing to the genitals, erotic zones and the skin in response to stimuli that it receives. We are connected to the brain by means of our senses. When it comes to food, we smell, touch, taste and look at the morsels we eat and it can definitely influence our sexuality. Especially when we add sexy associations to plump ripe figs, sweet cherries, golden bananas and soft pink marshmallows! These stimuli don't even have to link to the nutritional or hormonal content of the food. Stimuli are abstract messages that you respond to by association and the effects can be either be orgasmic or cataclysmic. You can turn yourself and your partner either on or off with the very thoughts that you think, let alone the spoken words, the looks you give or the fragrances that you wear. But remember, aphrodisiacs can mean different things to different people. A vegetarian is not going to be turned on by an oyster! To become more sexy we take supplements, libido enhancers and eat so-called sexually stimulating foods but if the brain is not turned on, neither will the rest of the body be. Think about that. Then you will know why our forefathers who were so well versed in the art of lovemaking used food, stimulants and aphrodisiacs to set the scene. By means of erotic associations these special fragrances and foods, herbs, love songs and erotic dances were the first part of lovemaking. The preparation. The main intent was to turn on the brain - to heighten the senses. The body instinctively did the rest and we have plenty of evidence all over ancient Indian temples and in the Kama Sutra literature that it worked!
Now, imagine how great it would be to make love with the added energy and zest for life that a healthy, hormone balancing diet can give you. When sex hormones are peaked and primed, the correct supplements are taken and you are on a suitable exercise regimen then the sexual chemistry can begin in earnest. Furthermore it will have a more permanent and reliable outcome with no dangerous side effects, especially when you throw away some of your chronic medications as they may no longer be required.
Hormonal imbalances play havoc with our health as well as our sex life.
By the age of 20 most people begin to show signs of hormonal disruption and this means that their estrogen to testosterone balance is out of whack. Estrogen is a complex hormone and most of us do not understand that there are both good (2-hydroxy estrone) and bad (16-alpha hydroxyl estrone) forms of estrogen. Women who suffer from an overload of harmful estrogen metabolites that are often introduced by birth control pills, DHEA, progesterone, HRT (hormone replacement therapy) or foods and herbs rich in estrogen like fennel, sage and soya beans are more prone to the following: cancer, fibroids, strokes and cardiovascular disease, PMT (premenstrual tension), sugar cravings, weight gain, water retention, abdominal pains, bloated swollen bellies, hypothyroidism and sleep disturbances. At the other end of the scale, more and more ladies are becoming testosterone dominant. Although a minute amount of testosterone can turn women into sexual divas; the sprouting of chest or facial hair, acne, moodiness, weight gain, male-type baldness and a vunerability to an illness known as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) from uncontrolled testosterone activity does not turn men on. How sexy are they, especially when insulin resistance sets in and their waistlines begin to spread? Probably as sexy as women who are burdened by estrogen imbalances. And what of the gentlemen? They are being flooded with harmful estrogens from the food they eat (contaminated meat, soya and dairy products) and even from the envivronment (xenestrogens from plastics). Some men get prostate or testicular cancer, others develop breasts and can even get breast cancer. Wayward estrogen also invades natural testosterone receptor sites, resulting in reduced masculine tendencies. Impotence resulting from the side effects of high blood pressure or diabetic medications, etc. only makes matters worse. Talk about bliss in the bedroom!
Some young girls are given estrogen or progesterone pillsa and injections from an early age for so-called skin problems or menstrual disorders. This form of contraception fools the body into thinking it is pregnant, so normal menstruation is disrupted. Later in life, they battle with irregular cycles and need more hormonal treatment, even to have babies. Older women are offered HRT to help them cope with their so-called loss of libido and vaginal dryness. However, replacing these hormones hardly ever makes them more feel sexy because often the harmful estrogen metabolites are acidentally included. This is happening to more and more women who take so-called natural or herbal hormone supplements. Many ladies become fatter and more fridgid than before and die of strokes, cancer and heart attacks. Let's face it; no instant aphrodisiac, aftershave, Viagra or sexy morsel is going to solve all these problems.
Start with a diet and supplements to help correct hormonal imbalances
Although blood tests show levels of hormones that may be circulating in the blood, these samples will not display a true hormonal profile as hormones and prostaglandins are not present in the blood at constant levels. It It is best to consult with practitioners who use electrodermal screening, eg: the B.E.S.T. analysis. (www.bestsystem.com). A selection of natural herbs and micronutrients that work in combination with dietary measures help to strip out harmful estrogen or testosterone metabolites from the body and restore normal hormonal functioning. Both estrogen and testosterone are present in men and women, but they differ in amounts. Too much or too little, either way causes a domino effect on the other hormones, like the thyroid and adrenal hormones.
Supplements: Let's take a look at how to balance these out:
1) To reduce an excess of testosterone in females as seen by: unnatural chest or facial hair, acne, moodiness and aggression, weight gain, male-type baldness and a vunerability to an illness known as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), meaning cysts on the ovaries accompanied by menstrual irregularity. Chaste Berry (Agnus Castus) helps to remove testosterone from receptor sites. The fresh juice of pumpkin seeds prevents the formation of excessive testosterone in both males and females. Dried pumpkin seeds are not as effective, so make the juice yourself every day out of a handfull of freshly scooped pumpkin seeds, blended with juice and sieved. With ten days of pumpkin juice and high doses of Chaste Berry tincture, we saw a huge cyst shrink down to nothing in a patient who was booked in for surgery. Her skin cleared up and the extra weight dropped off in response to the special diet.
2) For reducing bad (16-alpha hydroxyl estrone) estrogen as indicated by: PMS, breast swelling, fibrocystic breast tissue, ovarian fibroids, breast cancer, uterine cancer, sweet cravings and weight gain and an increase in body fat, acne, water retention, swollen belly and limbs, heavy, irregular menstruation, abdominal pain, sleep disturbances and insomnia. This form of estrogen also raises LDL (bad cholesterol) and encourages blood clots that lead to strokes and heart attacks. To clear out bad estrogen, supplements of Calcium D-Glucarate and D-Glucuronolactone are used. These capsules contain concentrated extracts of: oranges, spinach, carrots and apples. They are particularly important for breast cancer treatment as well as it's prevention. At the same time, avoid foods that boost the wrong types of estrogen like: soya beans, lentils, flaxseeds, wheat flour, oats, sage and fennel and some brands of herbal supplements that naturally are rich in 16-alpha hydroxyl estrone. These foods and herbs can make one feel bloated and sluggish. If you are eating meat, poultry and dairy products that are not organically produced, chances are that you are flooding your system with harmful estrogens, anabolic steroid hormones and antibiotics.The liver becomes overloaded with these chemicals and is unable to eliminate the estrogen overload. Your own secretion of good estrogen is then shut off and the familiar hot flushes and other signs of what we call the menopause will emerge. What you then need is a good liver detox and not conventional HRT as it will permanently deactivate your own production of good estrogen. Bad estrogen also blocks thyroid activity and displaces progesterone so your whole metabolism begins to slow down, along with your sex drive.
3) To boost the good estrogen to relieve: hot flushes and night sweats, lethargy, fatigue, memory loss, loss of libido, vaginal dryness, tension, irritability, anxiety, headaches, joint pains, stiffness, weight gain, thinning hair and aging skin, (note that some of these symptoms overlap with those of having excessive estrogen). DIM (Diindolyl-methane) a chemical that comes from cruciferous vegetables like broccoli is the most effective. Large quantities of raw broccoli or the juice thereof should be eaten, but it is also availabe in capsule form. A herbal extract that is safe and effective is a tincture of Black Cohosh. Years of testing shows that it does not elevate levels of bad, cancer forming estrogens, yet it relieve hot flushes, night sweats, stress, weight gain etc. Tinctures are best absorbed under the tongue for a more rapid effect: hours instead of weeks to relieve hot flushes. (More information about the menopause and hormone supplementation can be requested from: email@example.com)
4) When testosterone levels are found to be too low, there is a definite decline in energy levels, focus, drive, commitment and of course, libido. Many older men and even ladies just need a little testosterone boost, to get their lives back to normal. Injections are usually given to men. Ladies receiving an abdominal implant of testosterone reported an improvement in the intensity of their orgasms, sex drive, frequency of fantasies and greater all-round sexual satisfaction. Women only require 1% of the dose taken by men. The herb: Tribulus Terrestis (our common Dubbeltjie thorn) is a safe and natural testosterone booster. Next time you walk on this plant in the veld, chew a few leaves! Here is the recipe for the tincture: 100g of chopped leaves, blended in 2 cups of vodka. Soak in a glass jar in the sun for 2 weeks and then sieve it. Men take a tablespoon of the tincture once or twice daily and ladies can have 1-2 teaspoons. It is amazing what a little tot of testosterone can do for you! A trip to the health shop will give you access to a number of libido enhancers, based on boosting testosterone, but I am wary of combinations that may also increase levels of bad estrogen. Rather get rid of all that 16-alpha hydroxyl estrone first.
5) If progesterone is lacking, it affects the production estrogen and testosterone as well as the adrenal hormones. Wild Mexican Yam creams, rich in "natural" progesterone are common, but this yam is toxic if swallowed. The creams only begin to take effect after a few months. Chewing raw sweet potato every day activates the release of progesterone in the body, due to its stimulating effect on the pituitary gland and it acts very quickly. A sweet potato tincture is also available. When the sweet potato is taken in quantities beyond the recommended dose, so much progesterone is released that one ceases to menstruate. I put this to the test for six months, then returned to normal, once I stopped taking it. Red sweet potatoes are available at supermarkets and you need to nibble a daily amount the size of a golf ball for a free progesterone fix. It also helps to relieve hot flushes and abdominal cramps.
6) Weakened thyroid activity is a death blow to one's sexuality. Everything slows down; your hands and feet feel cold, hair starts falling out, the skin gets dry, you feel tired and gain weight. You have less interest in sex, can't be aroused and get very little, if any pleasure from it. Hormones can be so cruel! Before you race off for a thyroid supplement, be aware that most thyroid problems are due to excessive loads of bad estrogen. First get rid of it with the recommended supplements and cleansing diet. If you still suspect the thyroid, remember that medical blood tests are not accurate. The best way to check for low thyroid activity is to take your temperature under your armpit every morning, whilst still lying down. If the waking temperature is constantly below 36.4 degrees centigrade, you need help. The best form is T3 and not the T4 form known as eltroxin that is usually prescribed. You will be amazed at how many women taking HRT are now on thyroid supplements. To boost the thyroid, also take cod live oil capsules, kelp (if you tolerate iodine) a mulitvitamin and alkalizing minerals like calcium and magnesium. Glandular extracts and vitamin C help a lot. If you suffer from fatigue caused by anaemia, you need vitamin B12 and folic acid supplements, usually in sublingual form. Injections take effect immediately and are avilable at most pharmacies. An absorbable form of iron and must be taken with vitamin C, folic acid and vitamin B12. Spirulina and amino acid supplements with wheat or barley grass provide an extra boost of micronutrients.
Hormone balancing diet
The recommended diet includes large helpings of: cruciferous vegetables like brussels sprouts, cauliflower and cabbage and especially broccoli. Spinach, carrots, turnips, citrus fruit and apples. (If you are eating according to your blood type, use the guidelines, eg: for type O avoid cauliflower, no oranges for A and O, etc.) Fresh juices from combinations of these key ingredients can be made a few times a day using a juicer or electric blender. Add other fresh fruit as well. Drink the juices often during the day and make salads, soups and steamed vegetables or stir fries. Avoid fatty, starchy and sugary food, soya beans, oats, wheat flour, lentils, flaxseeds, sage and fennel. Try to track down and eliminate all the foods that were overloading you with unwanted forms of estrogen. Eat meat, eggs, poultry and dairy sparingly; but only if it is organically produced. Season with sea salt, herbs and spices. Drink your usual beverages like tea, coffee, wine etc. sparingly and only after you have had a glass of water.
Naturopaths usually recommend fruit only or a juice cocktail for breakfast. Then salads with olive oil, tuna, hard boiled eggs, etc. for lunch. Drink more juice or make smoothies for snacks. Have some soup and rye crackers with a little cheese if you get too hungry. Eat lightly cooked vegetables for the evening and make them taste really good by adding chilli sauce, olive oil, lemon juice and freshly chopped herbs and onions. Drink plenty of filtered water as well and add a few grains of salt to each glass. This will help the liver to expel toxins and harmful estrogens, along with a lot of other muck that has been makying you feel tired, sluggish and very unsexy. Try to keep up this diet for a few days, then add some rye bread, rice, white cheese, walnuts, butternut, gemsquash and other fresh vegetables and fruits in season. Alfer a while, be more generous with your food every other day. A full liver detox is also recommended, twice a year. (Visit www.naturefresh.co.za for more deatils, especially on liver detocification and food choices for your blood type.) If you have bad sugar cravings, take a good chrome supplement. Take multivitamin, mineral and omega 3 supplements, antioxidants and calcium and magnesium. Health shops and pharmacies can help you select these as well as the other hormone balancing products you require. Ideally food can provide all you need to get back into shape, and a sexier one at that! During the detoxification process you may feel a bit wierd, but you will soon begin to feel lighter and more energetic.
Exercise is essential for increasing your sex drive and giving you more stamina
When a test group of 8 000 women were put onto a daily exercise programme they reported the following:
89% said that exercise boosted their sexual self-confidence.
40% claimed that they became more easily aroused.
33% of them said they were having sex more often.
This is what happens when you begin to look good and feel good about yourself. You also reap the ambient effects of opiate-like endophines that are released during a challenging workout. Your circulation improves and your metabolism is stimulated. In competitive sports like squash and rugby, a lot of testosterone comes to the fore. Research has shown that testosterone levels soar in the winning team whilst the losers go home with a much lower testosterone count than before the game. Men!
If you are battling with shyness and poor co ordination at the gym, it could be due to a lack of dopamine. This neurotransmitter helps with confidence, drive and movement. It increases ones receptivity to pleasure. Supplements like guarana boost dopamine levels and increase physical endurance during strenuous activity. Certainly worth taking, for the shy ones who feel awkward with other people.
People who have taken up the Bill Phillips "Body for Life" challenge that is now availabe at some fitness clubs will be able to show you their before and after photos. After just 12 weeks of training, eating well and taking supplements you can transform the way you look as well as how you feel: firm, fit and sexy. We used his book and transformed ourselves, so I know how good it feels. You get hooked on the workout, especially as your body begins to ripple into shape. Weight training is highly recommended for sexual arousal, even by some sex counsellors who insist you train for at least 15 minutes a day with continuous, repetitive movement. (Is this why I look forward to the evening after we train together?) You are never too old to start, so get moving! Remember, a couch potato will remain a couch potato until some effort is made. We all need a lot of nagging and encouragement to do this so work with your partner on a disciplined exercise programme along with your hormone balancing diet and supplementation regimen.
We also need to address emotional and psychological issues
Emotional issues or communication problems also need to be attended to. They are often used as an excuse to stay in separate bedrooms. Some personal effort is required to jump in at the deep end, as it were. Consciously turning aginst your hang-ups can help to reprogramme your sexual mechanisms. If you have an impetuous, impatient partner then prepare youself with lubricants, etc. beforehand and make the first move, for a change. When you have made the breakthrough and get used to this routine, you may really start to enjoy sex a lot more and not feel so bored, obligated or self conscious all the time. Often people spend more time worrying about sex than actually having it. It does not have to take all night, either. Sometimes you may both just need a late night final as a change from a long drawn out session. If you are having problems with dryness, vaginal issues or embarrasment of any kind, visit my website (www.naturefresh.co.za) and look up the article on: Research on vaginal disorders.
Instant sexual arousal (often due to medicine or therapy) may only be one sided. This causes problems because not everybody can achieve a rapid, simultaneous orgasm, so somebody is going to be left behind. Usually most women are available for a chat and a cuddle; to feel close, secure and loved beforehand so a surprise Viagra attack usually leads to disaster. This is because sex also involves the brain, emotions and mutual considerations. Giving companionship and affection can be very beneficial as it has no intended outcome and nobody has to live up to grand expectations. You will be surprised at how heavy petting can develop into serious lovemaking! Think sexy all day, so there are no surprises and the body has time to release the appropriate chemicals, of which there are quite a few. For a man to immediately lay on all the pressure behind closed doors is never a good move unless he is married to a sex siren. At bedtime most couples are exhausted, stressed out and just want to sleep. The body may not be tired but the mind is weary, distracted and not feeling very turned on to sex at the end of a stressful day. We need to be reminded of the wonderful night's sleep plus the many positive and healing effects an orgasm can produce. It calms you down and makes you feel really wonderful, relaxed and spaced out. An orgasm is a natural bodily function and the greatest endogenous medicine there is. It's much better than sleeping pills and antidepressants that dampen the libido.Oh, how people would love to buy an orgasm in a bottle!
In this article I am primarily concerned with the hardware. Until the body is cleared of hormonal and functional errors there is only room for fantasy and getting lucky. For so many middle aged husbands I know, that only seems to be once a year! In an age where we have wireless communication to just about any part of the world it makes one wonder how much cable we need to connect to our partners, especially to the separate bedrooms. There are many gifted Alternative Health therapists who deal with the subconscious mind and beyond to free people from obstacles that may be inhibiting their sexuality. Of these, Body Talk is highly recommended. (www.bodytaIlksystem,com) and I have seen spectacular results, not only with sexual issues, but with other emotional and physiological problems as well.When the hormones are correctly balanced and people are exercising and eating foods that make them feel more energetic, libido enhancers and sexy morsels will really take effect to help establish a healthy new form of sexuality.
Why have we lost our natural ability to make love and really enjoy it?
Too many people want to jump straight into bed, have a good bonk and go to sleep. We come from a culture of fast food and fast sex and some people get left behind. We are often too impatient or lazy to add the sexy appetizers like foreplay, the side dishes and the variety of maincourses. All we want is dessert: the instant gratification of the afterglow, and most of us are too tired or too ill, frigid and frumpish to get that far. Healthy, fit and energetic people are more inclined to have a very active sex life. A happy sexual relationship requires a degree of skill, effort, preparation and discipline. What you put in, you get out. So much for eating something that is supposed to be an instant aphrodisiac. All your life you have been eating food that has made you what you are: fat or feeble, fed up and frumpish. A bad diet can affect our sex lives very adversely, but this can change for the better. We need to eat foods that give us vitality and stamina. Certain herbs, spices and vegetables help us balance our hormones naturally and enable us to generate our own lovemaking chemicals. If you don't feel very sexy, then take a look at your diet, your lifestyle and your hormonal status quo.
How do we eat our way back to sexuality? Surely we need more than oysters, chocolate and red wine? When a bad diet, stress, toxins, dietary deficiencies, hormonal discrepancies and other forms of wear and tear have robbed you of your libido, you feel justified in using whatever you can lay your hands on to get it back but a quick fix is not the answer.
Do we need to use condoms? Slip on a condom and nothing can happen. Are you sure?
Condoms are as widespread as confetti and freely distributed, yet every 6.4 seconds somebody in the world is infected with the HIV virus. This virus is 70x smaller than a sperm cell so it can easily penetrate the wall of a condom, regardless of the way they are promoted for the prevention of HIV AIDS. However, condoms do help to prevent pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea, genital herpes, chlamydia and syphilis. When it comes to sexuality, the condom is a big turn-off; a threat to the male ego and something comically alien to many females. So, how do we protect ourselves from the threat of deadly microbes that pass so freely between sexual partners?
Having sex within a stable relationship is the safest form of sex, as recommended by most religious protocols. Although many biblical characters had a number of wives and concubines, the instruction was not to commit adultery or to fornicate - for moral as well as health reasons. I call this closed sex, not complicated by fleeting relationships with additional emotional baggage, abuse and the threat of diseases aquired from all manner of people. A sign at a local health clinic: "'n losbol tel siektes op". In other words, sexual promiscuity invites AIDS and other STD'S: horrific conditions that affect not only your genitals but your entire reproductive system and just about every organ in your body. How sad that bouncing around the bedroom can cause pain, misery and may even end in a premature death.
The best way to prevent babies and sexually transmitted diseases is to tie your legs together! But seriously, a condom can prevent some of them. If your immune system is not up to scratch, be reassured that the new diet and exercise programme will make you more resistant to microbial diseases. Also take natural immune boosters like olive leaf products, antioxidants and adaptogens. Watch out for syphilis that is carried in even a drop of saliva. Modern drugs and herbal alternatives can help to eliminate some of these infections but it is best not to take any chances, regardless of your ascending ibido. STD'S including HIV AIDS have wiped out many famous people. Think of: Paul Gaugin, Toulouse Lautrec, King Henry the 8th, Freddie Mercury, Liberache and other more recent victims. Could condoms have saved them?
Sexy fun foods, love potions and recipes to add fun, laughter and pleasure
1) Traditional Turkish viagra from a market in Istanbul: take half a dried fig and press a walnut into it. Serve a plateful to your lover. We were assured that it works - five times in the night. Other versions add an almond instead, to represent a clitoris, inside the fig that is supposedly the vagina. If sex is in the mind, I would go for the nut that looks like a brain!
2) It is often mentioned that a glass of wine and especially red wine during dinner is very beneficial to a woman's health. It can also lead all the way to the bedroom because the combination of alcohol and phytochemicals frees up testosterone in the bloodstream. This makes women sexually more aggresive (or submissive). The ambience that candlelight, wine and roses create will also help to break down inhibitions. Excessive alcohol, however, is death to romance.
3) Too cool down passion, the following recipe is recommended; especially for teenagers who wish to remain chaste: make a dusting powder out of sage, onion powder and white flour and cover yourself in it. This supposedly keeps the opposite sex away -and everybody else! The herbal remedy chaste berry was given to monks in olden days to dampen the libido. It was called momk's pepper. For females, chaste berry can have the opposite effect, and the monks had to do the running.
4) Oysters are a traditional aphrodisiac. However, vegetarians would be better off taking zinc supplements. An oyster is rich in zinc and is supposedly akin to a vagina in some respects, so they turn men on? The extra zinc may come in handy because males expend 15mg of zinc at a time, during sexual intercourse. Some people recommend sensuously tonguing fruits like apricots, peaches and strawberries but others, like me prefer bananas dipped in cream or chocolate.
5) Chocolate is a well known aphrodisiac and mood enhancer. It is also a great medicine for the heart and kidnsys, a brain stimulant and a comfort food, especially for women. The Incas use to treat PMT and menstrual disorders with chocolate. During their sacrifices and spiritual rituals, chocolate and sex were interchangeable. Judging by the pots of chocolate body paint they sell in gift shops, there are many different ways you can have your chocolate and eat it!
6) Spices are proving to be more that just flavours in a bottle. In the Middle East spices are highly prized as aphrodisiacs, by tradition as well as by association. Now that modern science is investigating the therapeutic effects of spices like cinnamon it is only a matter of time until we hear the truth about cardamom, coriander seeds, etc. They have been traditionally used to treat urinary incontinence and menstrual irregularities. Cinnamon is proving to be a good medicine for diabetics to lower the blood sugar instead of the libido. Chillies are hot and fiery and are often used prior to lovemaking to release endphines. If you have seen the movie: "Woman on top" you will know what I mean. Spice up your love life by serving this Kamasutra coffee: For every teaspoon of coffee grounds you brew, add a teaspoon of sugar with a large pinch of ground cardamom and a shake of cinnamon and coriander.
7) Now it is time to use your imagination to set the scene. The way to a man's heart and something else is through his stomach, right? Take a little time to put together a romantic dinner with all the trimmings. Preapare everything, including yourself, well beforehand and attend to all the details. Then let go and release that tiger that lurks within you and your loved one!
Funny things that happen along the way. Extracts from my research
1) The caged animal. At the pharmaceutical factory where I was formulating a new product, I was watching a lady making ginseng tablets surrounded by a cloud of this dust in the glassed-off cubicle next door. After a few days, she confessed to me that by the week end she was really feeling hot: "Sue, I was like a caged animal, so at a party I raped a man!" (Ginseng is highly recommended for ailing adrenals. As an adaptogen, it is a very good sex tonic for both males and females but it affects the blood pressure.)
2) Olive leaf and lycra pants. A young man was taking our olive leaf tablets in the hope of boosting his immune system. He went for a jog in the park and discovered that something else had been boosted and he was wearing tight lycra pants. (Olive leaves increase peripheral circulation - all over the body, it seems.)
3) Heart condition satisfactory. A middle aged gentlemen took the olive leaf tablets in the hope of getting lucky with his lady. After a few days, he felt so good he started working out on an exercise bicycle. A few weeks later he reported that his doctor was amazed at how much his heart condition had improved, but still no high rise? (According to the laws of nature, the body heals itself by dealing with the most important issues first, so obviously the heart takes priority over the penis. But don't give up too soon.)
4) Gas problem. I received an e-mail from a man complaining of excessive gas, bloating and flatulence. He said the problem was so bad his wife refused to sleep with him anymore. (Spices to the rescue: cardamaom, fennel and turmeric mixed with honey will sort out the evil gasses and they double up as mild stimulants to whatever.)
5) Body talk high. As a student of Body Talk, one of the ladies reported that she was treating a very old man - long past it, for a number of minor conditions including an old surgical injury. An erect penis suddenly sprung up, much to their amazement! (We are more than just food and drink. Our energy meridians, chakras, emotions and past events also influence our sexual functions.)
6) Rats and chocolate. Some people condemn chocolate and say we should eat carob instead. Scientific experiments prove otherwise when it comes to sex. In trials, the cage of rats fed on carob remained aloof to each another whereas the rats fed on chocolate paired off and had a really good time. (Cocoa is considered to be medicinal, but not all the sugar and fat that goes with the average slab of chocolate. Coca does have a moderating effect on PMT and it is very rich in trace elements like potassium.)
1 Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients. December 2005. www.townsendletter.com
The article: Female Sexual Healing and Longevity by Nick Delgado PhD, CHT Director of Ultimate Medical Research.
2 Eat Right 4 Your Type. complete Blood type Encyclopedia by Dr. Peter J. D'adamo. www.dadamo.com
3 The Supermarket Sorceress's Sexy Hexes by Lexa Rosean. (St Martin's Paperbacks)
4 The Food Pharmacy by Jean Carper. (Simon & Schuster)
5 Body fo Life by Bill Phillips. (Harper & collins)